Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Google Geek - New Schools


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Our school district passed a bond issue to raise money for building new schools last night. I was in the boardroom of the district offices at 8 PM last night when the vote tally flashed up - delivered via internet. Big whoop from all, lots of smiles/handshakes.

Was part of a volunteer group that aided in voter awareness - Citizen's for Good Schools. We did all the conventional things groups do to get out the vote, but we also used the internet. I helped out by creating a map based info site using Google Sites, Google Maps API, and Google Earth API. I also used SketchUp to post 3D models of the middle school  (and 2 of its portables) to Google Earth. Along the way I helped get a grant for the middle school to create a pilot class using SketchUp to help come up with a conceptual design for the new middle school.

So I was smiling last night too. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment