Saturday, August 15, 2009

About "Why"

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

In no particular order, blame my 13 year old daughter - she said I needed to learn to "keyboard". That is the new word for what I used to call typing (I am 56 years old). She is a wizard, I was a "hunt and peck" extraordinaire - I stunk. Since I have not mastered voice recognition software (I do know something about computers) - learning to keyboard effectively was the key to a smoother life on/with the computer.

Because I have a life outside this screen, I wanted to get good enough on a computer so I don't have to spend much time on one. So....

A few months ago I started to memorize the keyboard. First thing each morning (that's my time) I started typing (word keyboarding is for those who like to show off their typing skills) the alphabet - repeatedly - without looking at the keys. I got good enough (no discussion of time frame here) to start limiting my alphabet lines to just 5 daily (see above) and then started my name, and where I live (it is true). Started branching into some random words, thoughts.

Because I am a utilitarian by nature, I needed something productive to do to rationalize this practice so...

Whoa...... Nope. Idea of this blog did not come to me right away. More on that later. Need to start looking at the keys again (this is too slow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment