Thursday, January 14, 2010

Google Geek - Life Goes On


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Sorry for the respite from the blog. Quite a bit going on here. Lisa's (my wife) dad passed away Friday AM after a long decline. Luckily she was able to be there (PA) with him at the end. He was quite a guy (and humble about it). You  might  find this article (one of many) on him interesting/inspiring (he was a high school math teacher and coach - high school and college). http://www.pennlive.com/hssports/boyshoops/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1262399106182810.xml&coll=1

Lisa is out east with her mom. Shaelyn (our daughter - 13) and I will be headed out to PA next week for a day of remembrance by the community.

That said, life goes on.

Have a number of things on my plate. Reviewing material to get ready for my SketchUp workshop and presentation at the NCCE conference in Seattle in March. Working on my end of a "dog and pony" show presentation for the local IAFI chapter in February. Will be doing tech support for the author of Bretz's Flood - trying to mimic some of the features of this Al Gore piece. Have to fill out a description form for an auction item (3D SketchUp model) I am donating to the Spokane Preservation Advocates annual gala.

Have had time to putter/investigate a couple new (to me) Google items, Stumbled into this Google Earth Outreach support site - Trainer's Corner. All kinds of material for teaching and training.
 
Time to roll. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment