Friday, November 20, 2009

Google Geek - Demonstrating Google Offerings


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Seems like I am constantly showing people how various Google products work and chatting with them about why they could benefit from using them. This is especially true about Google Earth, but I can also rattle on about SketchUp, Google Docs,Google Sites, and a few others at the drop of a hat.

I enjoy watching people's faces while we are working through a demo. Can often witness the transition from amazement to "I can to this!" They often start talking about all the things they want to try doing.

I also enjoy the challenge of trying to communicate ideas/issues via Google tools. While it is great to post these pieces to the internet, showing them to others in person helps to get feedback on how effective the content is, how easy they are to use, and how to improve them.

Will be doing this next Monday during parent teacher conferences at my daughter's school - trying to help communicate the reasoning behind an upcoming school bond issue.

Go to go. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment