Saturday, November 28, 2009

Google Geek - The Press


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Got interviewed by a reporter for one of our local papers yesterday. She saw/heard me talk at the school board meeting last week (asked the board to consider a pilot class in SketchUp at my daugther's middle school). I just happened to speak on the same evening as the school board was voting on placing the bond issue (for 3 new schools) up for vote.

More on my request at another time, what intrigues me this morning is that it was found news worthy by a member of the press (must have been a slow day). Have been interviewed a few times by various media types over the years - several times in recent months for work I am doing with SketchUp/Google Earth. One article was on my work with a couple other modelers in Spokane, a second was on work in Cheney/Eastern Washington University, and anoher was on my work on the Spokane River.  

I am complimented by the process, and it is good feedback to know someone is interested enough to bring it to the attention of others. Being asked questions about certain aspects of why I do things is also cause for reflection.

Well, got to go - the public awaits. Make it a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I was happy to see this post. I think the community will only become more engaged as we continue to move forward with some of these awesome tools for our kids.

    ReplyDelete