Thursday, November 26, 2009

Google Geek - Happy Thanksgiving


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Up early - want to make the most out of the holiday, have a lot to be thankful for this year. Beyond the basics (good health, happy family life, comfortable living situation) I had quite a bit of good karma this year.

It goes without saying that I am appreciative to Google again this year, but in a new sense. While their tools were a great help this year in what I am doing, one of the biggest things I got via Google this year is friendship. Both new ones (my Super Modelers group, people I am working with on my various Google Earth endeavors), and recontacting my old ones.

There is an old Bonnie Raitt song lyric that says "can't get no sugar from the phone". Have found it to be true, but also am amazed at how much warmth can come via the internet connection.

Happy Thanksgiving - make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment