Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Google Earth/SketchUp - Raising Public Interest

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Working on a federal grant application - National Center for Preservation Technology Training - idea is to use Google Earth and SketchUp to help raise awareness about historic preservation of old buildings and historic sites.  It is my first attempt at this type of thing - cool thing is that it is an online proposal.

You may have noticed that I am doing a number of things with Google products to help raise awareness, attract attention to issues, and provide informative material via the internet. Just finished and posted the SketchUp model of Masquers Theater - where I did Google Earth demonstration last Friday night - has a link to their website - my way of saying thanks that keeps on giving.

Went to a presentation (powerpoint) last evening on aspects of the Ice Age Flood - something that I have done a Google Earth Gallery piece on. Wanted to meet the presenter - who is charge of creating interpretive material for the state of Washington Park's Commision. Talked with him afterward about showing him what his material would look like in Google Earth.

Well, got to get moving. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment