Monday, October 5, 2009

Google Geek - On Stage

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Well the barn is quite a bit cleaner. and I had a good weekend (they are always too short). Great day Friday on the road in Soap Lake. Weather was great - so golfing and hiking were ideal. Presentation was a real treat for me because it was the first time I have gotten to work (demonstrate Google Earth) with a high end projector in a theater environment. Result was spectatular.

I spent almost an hour during the set up process fiddling around with/in Google Earth, checking out various features with the intent to put on an entertaining as well as informative demo. Had a good internet connection, using my new MacBook Pro laptop. Everybody was impressed. Told people I felt like the great Oz - was running this all from the stage booth upstairs in the back of the theater. Enjoyed the theater/experience so much I am working on a SketchUp model of it for Google Earth.

Do enjoy spreading the word about Google Earth. In this case the software did all the heavy lifting. Got interesting feedback. More on that later.

Started filling out a grant application this weekend - more on that later.

Need to get going. Make it a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment