Sunday, October 18, 2009

Google Geek - Johnny Appleseed


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

As much as I like a road trip, there is no place like home. Sitting here with a cup of coffee reflecting on this last trip.

One of the things I like most about road trips is getting to share/experience other people's home "situation". One of the ways I do this is through conversation/asking questions. When appropriate - like when asked what I do - I often steer the conversation arround to Google. Talking about what they can do, sometimes even showing them.

Did it a couple times on the last trip. Once over a latte in Condon, Oregon. Old town on the central Oregon high plains - middle of nowhere (which often is the place to be). Showed group a bunch of stuff in Google Earth. Second time up in Walla Walla, Washington, at a historic building I will model with SketchUp. Always try to learn something new/interesting in the process. Helps me work on my communication skills - both talking and listening.

Time to go. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment