Thursday, October 8, 2009

iGoogle - Google Geek Starts The Day


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Not sure why, but I noticed that I have made a shift in my internet startup process. My home page is now IGoogle, then I open GMail, then I open "My Account". Always set it up on different "tabs", not "windows". I am not sure why I mention this, but I  have been reading Sherlock Holmes (last story was about a typist) and Sir Arthur  Conan Doyle preaches observation of, and attention to detail. Think it is basically because it makes it easier to do/coordinate all the things I am doing on the internet with Google products.

I also like the look/feel of the IGoogle page - have actually started pausing/lingering there. Check out the news headlines, see what the default links are, mess with the gadget setup, look for settings. In short, I find myself acting like a geek. One of the people I spoke with at a presentation (someone else's) the other  night referred to me as the "computer guy". Given my odyssey with computers that description is interesting (remember I am still working on my keyboarding).

Got to go. Translates to got to go do something else on the computer.

Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment