Friday, October 9, 2009

Google Geek - Pace is Everything


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Getting ready to jump into another couple projects - SketchUp project designing a driveway for an earthen home on a side hill (working with Sandbox tools/Ruby scripts), and a YouTube screen capture explanation of how to run a Google Earth Gallery piece  I have done. Also have to keep up with the rest of my ongoing "projects" - both on the computer and in real life. Sometimes you have to fight the feeling that there is not enough time.

I feel that pace is a key component in the quality of life. The fulfilling sense of accomplishment one gets from getting the job done needs to be accessed against what you put yourself (and those around you) through physically and mentally to achieve the goal. I guess you have a more lasting appreciation of the destination if one also enjoys the journey.

What's the point of all the tools and toys Google develops if we don't use the time saving for something other than more work. I do have to admit that I enjoy what I am doing. But I sometimes need to remind myself that there at other things to do.

Got to get cracking so I can play later. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment