Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Google Geek - PC and MAC


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Trying out a new work location in the house this morning - nice thing about having a laptop. Use both a PC (older Dell) and a MAC (new MacBook Pro) - both have their good points.

PC runs with Windows XP (does not require as much RAM as Vista), has some expensive software that I only have copies of on PC - Photoshop, ESRI, REVIT, and is what I design my Google Earth content "against" - if it can be viewed on that PC"s graphics card it will work on more machines.

MAC is high end. Also comes with all the MAC culture. MAC logo says alot when you are working presentations. It is also a "green machine" - can be recycled. Did have to buy a doggle (adapter) so that I can output to most projectors I demonstrate on.

All the Google stuff I do seems to be interchangeable on both. Got to run.

Make it a good day. By the way - working on the MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment