Sunday, October 11, 2009

Google Geek Pet Projects - Historic Preservation


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Sunday morning - early. Got the house to myself. Nice evening last night  - Lisa cooked dinner for two couples. Good food, good talk. Discussion touched on  what I was trying to do locally with SketchUp - using 3D models to help raise awareness of historic structures - one of the couples has a home on the national historic register.

Told the group about some of the things I learned in my trip to Google's SketchUp division, including the fact that the developer of SketchUp is legally blind. Related that I am trying to get a grant to use SketchUp and Google Earth to document historic buildings. Also that Spokane is hosting the national preservation conference in 2012. That local city officials seem unaware of the potential. One of them suggested I donate an auction item for March benefit auction - SketchUp  model of  winning bidder's home/building of preference. Great idea.

Good food, good talk, good ideas.

Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment