Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blame Julia Childs

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Blame Julia Childs (in case anybody/anyone just tuned in, this thread is about why I just started a blog). If Jeff Jarvis (actually his book) got me thinking about blogging, Julia Childs got me doing it. More accurately, it was the trailer from the movie "Julie and Julia".

Just like I haven't finished Jarvis's book (still find it revitting - Jeff), I haven't seen the movie. However, when I was thinking about what to blog about, when the theme from the trailer popped into my head. Instead of cooking my way through Julia Childs cookbook, I would work my way through Google's impressive list of free online offerings/products and blog about it.

I apologize to Julie Powell (and Julia Childs) for being inspired by her/their stories (translates to I hope I do not have to write her and her attorney a check). But the base nut is that part of the movie (like Jarvis's book) is about finding/defining yourself (and a sense of worth) in the internet age. Julie Powell was intrigued with Julia Childs, Google is more towards the center of my universe.

Why me?

Why not. (Hey it's my blog). More on that later.

Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment