Monday, August 17, 2009

Blame "The Wife"

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Why blame my wife (Lisa - actually she prefers "Lovely Lisa")? This blog was not her idea. Her role was much more subtle. First, after years of working together in our business (we specialized in golf course construction/renovation for almost 20 years) she decided to try and reenter the "job market".

Be careful what you wish for. Lisa is smart and talented - she got a good one. Her good fortune (she wonders about it from time to time) allowed me to follow/explore my growing interest in computers/3D visualization. So she went to work, and I went back to school, again (more on this subject later).

We both enjoyed our new lives/roles - but eventually Lisa got (1.) Curious in what I was doing, and (2.) wondering if there was any economic benefit in it (translates to - not "value added" but "hard cash" - like "pay the rent" hard cash).

She was not alone in this. I bored many friends/people with my new found interest in reply to the question "so what are you doing?" at parties and chance meetings. After my attempt at an elucidating response, most asked "so how to you intend to make money?".

Since everything (well most everything) I was doing on the internet/with computers was for free......(keep in mind, I was using Google's free tools/products/offerings - told you last time I would have more - much more - on Google) , I began my investigation/research into how to subsidize, and possibly financially benefit from my new passion.

Enter Jeff Jarvis. Got to go, but notice I have Google's AdSense running on this blog.

Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment