Thursday, August 27, 2009

Google Translate - Listen to the World

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

First things first - tried out Google Translate tool right after I finished my blog post yesterday. It was a breeze. The easy access to the tool is through Google's main search page - "More" - drop down - "Even More" - under "Communicate, show & share". Just fired up the tool, inserted the url of my friend's (from Brazil) blog and bingo - now I am reading his blog (Portuguese) in English. The translation seems simple/rough but it is functional. In short - we are communicating. Now I need to try reverse - send some English back to him in Portuguese. Keep you posted - literally.

Going to the lake camping this weekend with friends - hope (is anybody there?) you do not mind the silence for a day or two. I won't. Need to get going on some chores - including updating my Google Calendar.

Make it a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Ron I added a translate widget to my page with welcome messages in other languages (used the widget to do that too) :)

    ReplyDelete