Monday, August 31, 2009

Google Groups - No Man is an Island

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

I'm back - great weekend. First thing I did was check my Gmail this morning. No spam. Emails came in all organized in conversation threads. Sorted them into "Folders" as I moved through them. Even without folders can still use the "Search" box to find one's that I have lost. Also plenty of stuff from my Google Groups.

Stumbled into Google Groups when I was teaching myself about SketchUp, Google Earth, and Google Sites. Now I subscribe to about 20. I can manage the amount of email I receive. If you want privacy you can set up and manage one of your own. I have set up one group - as part of a virtual reunion I am organizing of one of my old college classes. Even customized the look around our school colors/mascot.

My initial interest was as a user forum, problem solving tool (great). But now there is that aspect and a social network side as well. You can discuss online, or via email. Start new posts, manage threads. Also set up resource pages. Was just part of a conference of people from around the globe ( more on this later) - was a lifetime experience that the Google group we formed helps us prolong.

Monday, Monday. Got to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment