Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gmail - Old Dog with New Tricks

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

You can learn something new every day. Was exchanging emails with a friend yesterday about our blogs (his blog) and he suggested I mention about the experimental portion of Gmail - "Labs".

I knew nothing about it.

It is under "Settings" - top right - Gmail task bar - click on to open. Look for "Labs" tab on right. Turns out there are all kinds of gadgets (use at your own risk) to spice up your Gmail page, or make it more useful. Best of all, to use you just click them on or off ("enable"/"disable").

Turned on one that shows sender's time zone/time. Because I am a GIS nut - also enabled one to show a map of my location with my signature. Since I use Google's Calendar - added that to sidebar as well. Will set up a to do list with Google Docs, then will add that.

If you use Gmail, check it out.

Cool. Thanks Google. Thanks for sharing Zoungy.

Make it a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ron, you're welcome :). I missed this one! But better late than never. "Make it a good day" too

    ReplyDelete