Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Google Accounts - Where I am at

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Where to go next, what to do? Better check my Google Account. It is a unified signin system that gives you access to many different Google products. If you are using Gmail, you already have one. In Gmail, look at the top right corner of your screen, next to email/Gmail address -"Settings", then "Accounts and Imports" Tab, at bottom - "Google Account Settings". Can also find some access from most Google products, usually at the top taskbar. Account settings are stored in one place, but each application has its own settings.

There is a profile (public or private) section, settings, a list of products you use/have used with links, and a try something new section. It is like the "control panel" (typing this on a PC) of your relationship with Google products. You can check out and manage your "web history" and your "web purchases". You can also set up "subscribed links" - modifying and tailoring your search results.

I know this seems like a nuts and bolts topic, but it is my blog, and I like looking under the hood. Basic idea is that it is an organizational tool - means you might find it useful as you start using Google products more frequently.

Alright. First day of school for my daughter. Got to go.

Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment