Friday, September 18, 2009

SketchUp - "Ruby" Tuesday

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Started this post yesterday but got sidetracked - by SketchUp.

Am working on a model to help someone visualize the construction of an earthen home - very green, very cool. The house is modeled, now I just need to modefy the terrain it sits in by adding a driveway. In SketchUp you use a tool called "Sandbox" for doing this.

Because the driveway is on a side slope and has maximum grade requirements - it is not your ordinary task to perform with Sandbox. So I reached out to my Google Group for help. Got a numbr of suggestions right away.

Turns out there is a website - sketchucation - that has a number of ruby scripts/extensions that might help. Ruby (which is new to me)is a programming language that one can use to write scripts or plugins for  SketchUp. They have to be installed (will be another new thing for me).However, they can add tools/capabilities, expedite repetitive operations - in short, make life easier with SketchUp.

Once you find them and get them installed.

Wish me luck. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment