Sunday, September 6, 2009

Stand By Me - Google and the Social Network

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

We watched the movie classic "Stand By Me" last night as a family. Lisa just happened to pick it up at Costco. Great song, great movie. Story, by Stephen King, is on Labor Day weekend, 1959 - 60 years ago as I write this. Film, by Rob Riener, is well crafted, ultimately full of Hollywood karma.

Had trouble reading the credits for song background - used Google to find out it was done by Ben E. King as an after thought at the tale end of a recording session. Made me want to reach out to my old high school buddy/friend - Danny Schliftman - aka Danny "Lewis" (middle name) the keyboard player for Govt Mule. Like the lead in the movie we could write a good book about our experiences growing up together.

Reading the end of Jeff Jarvis's book. In this morning's reading (I read about half hour first thing every morning, over coffee, in my favorite chair) he wrote that one of the most powerful things about the internet/Google is that it has changed the nature of our relationships. It allows the "G" generation to stay in touch and it allowed our generation (pre Google) to get back in touch. Danny knows what I mean (Give our best to Machan), and it has been great. So does my youngest brother Rich (hang in there Tiger).

Thanks Google.

Got to go and reach out to a few folks.

Make it a good day - for yourself and someone you care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment