Saturday, September 5, 2009

Google Logo "Funducation"

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.




It is Saturday, Labor Day weekend. A day to putter.

Google must have felt the same way - when I opened up the machine (I always turn my computer off when I am finished) this was the Google logo of the day. I paused my mouse over it to see what it was all about (generally brings up a info bubble with explanation) - nothing happened. Being a curious type, I noticed that the mouse went to link mode, so I clicked (I used to like jumping off high places, this is much easier) and it took me to something interesting (try above - I modified slightly for more explanation).

I decided I wanted to spend my time today putting a link with a picture in this blog. Right clicked on the image at Google search page, (Tip - learn to right click or "Ctrl" Click with MAC - opens up a whole new world on the net) and saved to my machine. Used toolbar item for images to insert it. Clicked on it (highlight) and used link item from toolbar. Decided to check on web to see if there were any tips so I googled "add image to blogspot" and got a great demo from John Cena at BloggerTricks.com.

I thought I better ask Google's permission. I had the best intentions. Google's note about doodles stated that they "generally don't grant permission for their use by others". I decided to try the request form but it only applied to movies, sooo.... I jumped off the cliff.

Keep you posted. I hope.

Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment