Thursday, September 3, 2009

Google Calendar - My Life at a Glance

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ahcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Opened my Google Account (from "My Account" button in Blogspot), hit my Google Calendar to check my schedule. In my "pre digital" life, I was a general contractor, used to keeping lists, job journals, coordinating schedules with subs/clients/employees - all in "long form". Google Calendar does all this and more.

I use it to set up/track my schedule. It sends me reminders and can be made available to others (could even post on my Google Site/website). I use it to keep track of my computer contract work (cut and paste entries into a Google Doc spreadsheet for client billings). I have access to it from my Iphone. A couple savy contacts have used it to sync me in or post their meetings with me on my calendar. It can be synced to other applications (Outlook) and it runs fine on both my Mac and PC. Can even get it offline. If I add the address of a meeting or event, it has a Google Maps functionality.

Well I see I have a dental appointment. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment