Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Google Geek - Life Beyond Google


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

I hope it does not surprise anyone that I do make frequent use of, and experiment with other software besides Google offerings. Sometimes I even buy it (this is also true of some of the Google "pro" versions). It started when I was back at school, taking various computer and web design courses. Continued when I moved to running a Mac and a PC. Lately I have been getting some great suggestions from my Super Modelers Google Group.

Some of the main "categories" of other software that I use include - Microsoft Office, Adobe/Macromedia, Autodesk, ESRI, and various MAC products like IMovie and ITunes. Nice thing is that Google integrates what it does with all of them. You can import data from many of these products directly into various Google offerings. Some Google offerings even make provision within them for using other applications.

Well time to get back to work.

Make it a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment