Sunday, September 27, 2009

Google Geek - Staying Organizied


My name is Ron Hall.
I live at the Funny Farm.

Spent yesterday afternoon cleaning out the barn, getting organized. Amazing how much better that makes me feel. Same thing is true about the studying I have been doing in/with SketchUp.

When I was at the Super Modelers conference I was struck by how fast some of the guys could model. It was not just hand eye coordination, it was how they went about the process - how they were organized.  They had a better understanding of the various ways SketchUP helps you in the modeling process, and how to employ them. If I was going to take my skill set to the next level I needed to rethink my approach. Have had to cross that bridge a few times before, but have learned that it is worth the trip.

Luckily Google gave me a great tool at the conference - "SketchUp for Dummies" - great resource. Am well into it - learning about section planes (great), the nuances of components/groups, and using Outliner to get organizied.

Feels good

But just like I only "started" organizing the barn yesterday, the job is never done - you are just trying to develope good habits. Amazing how much harder it is to develop a good habit that a bad one. However, long term outcome is where it is at - so good habits have the decided edge.

Back to work. Make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment